Clyde Quay School
Clyde Quay School is a full primary (Y1-8) for around 240 students with 10 full time teaching staff and a number of ancillary staff who support the curriculum. The school operates a whanau structure; apart from the new entrants, all 10 classes are a combination of two year levels.
Inquiry learning underpins teaching practice because it fosters a love of learning and curiosity. Team teaching facilitates inquiry learning and this approach occurs across the school.
Clyde Quay came to Expert with the main objectives of:
- Making the website more engaging and dynamic for parents, prospective parents, students, staff and the wider community
- Showcasing what Clyde Quay prides itself on: creating thinkers and celebrating diversity
- Ensuring the design and content management system allows for students and staff to make easy and timely updates
- Creating clear and simple navigation with a fresh look and feel – including typeface and images
- Simple, strong, clear design, influencing the information people get from the site, how they use it and how they feel about it
- New designs must be practical and relatively economical to build
How we achieved this:
Working with some concepts that had been developed by Clyde Quay School, and a plethora of outstanding imagery, Expert began to put the building blocks to an outstanding site in place. The concepts provided by Clyde Quay aided us in designing site templates that best illustrated the school, while being usable in the online realm and easily editable by school staff and students.
- Use of the MoST content management system ensured a site that was easily updatable by staff of Clyde Quay School, with little training required
- Bold, highlighted navigation for each section was used, in line with Experts best practice standards
- A simple, clear design was used, incorporating the schools recently built waharoa as a symbol of the school
- Rotating images and text were introduced to the homepage, illustrating the dynamic nature of the school, its students and staff
- With a news and events section feeding direct to the homepage, any site visitor is able to see details on the most relevant upcoming events and important notices
- Each class was given its own page with images of students and teachers, and space for staff and students to show the world what is going on in their class
- An events calender was embedded into the site, clearly providing details on upcoming events to all parents, students, staff and administration
- An achievements board was created, where top performances from the school can be recognised and applauded
To view the Clyde Quay School website, click here. The site will open in a new window